Requirements: Shenandoah graduating senior, medical field, financial need
HM1 (FMF/MCD/PJ) Ryan Michael Lohrey, a Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman, died suddenly on July 10, 2017, along with his Marine Raider teammates in a plane crash in Mississippi. Ryan was a 2005 graduate of Shenandoah High School where he played tackle on both the offense and defense for the Raiders. After high school, in 2007, he entered Special Operations and was deployed with the 2d Reconnaissance Battalion and later the 2d Raider Battalion. He served tours in both Afghanistan and Iraq and was awarded the Purple Heart as well as the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and a Combat Action Ribbon with gold star.
A scholarship was established at the foundation by Ryan’s family to honor his memory. The award is for Shenandoah seniors who are pursuing a degree in the medical field and exhibit financial need.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Graduating senior at Shenandoah High School
- Majoring in the medical field
- Financial Need
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.