Requirements: Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting
Established by to honor Scott Lewis “Gus” Larrison, a New Castle 1977 graduate, Scott started his own production company after graduating from Ball State University with a degree in radio and television. This scholarship was set up by Scott’s friends to assist Henry County graduates pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, or broadcasting. The scholarship may be renewed at the discretion of the committee.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and books.
Henry County Resident
Majoring in communications, journalism, broadcasting or similar major
May be renewable at the discretion of the committee
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.