Requirements: Financial need, descendant of veteran
Available to any senior boy or girl at New Castle Chrysler High School , Blue River Jr.-Sr. High School, Tri Jr.-Sr. High School, Knightstown Jr.-Sr. High School, and Shenandoah High School.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (list relationship of veteran) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Proof of lineal descendant of veteran of United States Armed Forces (Form DD214-Seperation or Discharge Form)
4. Financial Questionnaire
6. College Acceptance Letter
7. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.