Requirements: female, major – RN, 2.0+ GPA, renewable
This scholarship was established by Viva Campbell, who spent a lifetime in service to Henry County in her beloved field of nursing. Her will directs that the scholarship be given each year to ” the most deserving girl graduate of the New Castle Senior High School, who shows the desire and intentions to go through nurse’s training and become a registered nurse.” The first scholarship was given in 1963, and one to three scholarships have been given each year since, ranging from $500 to $2,000 each.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
Senior girl at New Castle High School
Pursuing a registered nurse degree, aptitude for nursing
Renewable each year, as long as recipient’s GPA is 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Statement describing yourself, why you want to become a nurse and why you think you would make a good nurse
4. Financial Questionnaire
6. College Acceptance Letter
7. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.