Requirements: 3.5+ GPA, College Junior and Senior
The Wm. F. Byrket Scholarship was established to provide Henry County students with financial assistance for undergraduate education. Awards are based on scholastic aptitude.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. Henry County Resident or former Henry County high school student
2. attending an accredited institution seeking an undergraduate degree
3. Must be enrolled as a full time student with at least 12 credit hours
4. Must have Junior or Senior status at the college level
5. Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
6. Financial Need
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Professor, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: June 5, 2020, 5pm
It is the responsibility of the student to notify the Henry County Community Foundation if they transfer to another school or drop hours.
Awards will be limited to a maximum of two (2) years per applicant.
Grants are NOT available for summer school.
More than one family member at a time may be eligible for an award.
All awards will be paid by check to the college with a memo indicating the student to be credited.
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.