Requirements: SHS graduate, nursing, 24 years-old+, part or full time student
Francis and Marian Mundell established this fund to provide scholarships to graduates of Shenandoah High School who are residents of Henry County and who wish to attend an accredited college or university in pursuit of a certificate or degree in nursing. Student can be full time or part time, however degree should be obtained in reasonable period of time; three-four years for an associate’s degree or six-seven years for a bachelor’s degree. This scholarship is directed to students who have been unable to embark upon a full time college career immediately following high school graduation.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
To quality for this scholarship you must be:
- Graduate of Shenandoah High School and a Henry County resident
- Age 24 years of age or older
- Pursing certificate or degree as a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse
- Part time or Full time student
- Attending an accredited college or university
- Financial need is not a factor
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (Make note of Nursing Degree you are pursuing) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Proof of graduation from Shenandoah High School
5. College Acceptance Letter (if college transcript not enclosed)
6. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: June 5, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.