Requirements: Tri, 3.0, Major in education or counseling
Joseph Russell Bimber was born March 26, 2001 and lived long enough to make an impact on the lives of others. Medical experts had given up hope on Joseph living to be born, it was in his four hours of life that his parents and other family members got to meet and hold him before he lost his fight with Spina Bifida and Trisomy 18. “The scholarship is a way to keep his name and our memories of him alive,” says Joseph’s mother.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Graduating senior from Tri Junior-Senior High School
- GPA 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university on a four-year program.
- Majoring in Education or counseling
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Letters of Recommendation (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.