Requirements: Special Ed, or Medical related field
Applications to be submitted to Susan Delay (c/o New Castle HS).
Bud Montgomery was recognized in 1993 for being a dedicated, hard-working charter member of the New Castle Breakfast Optimist Club who has continued to take an active role year after year. He requested that the scholarship given for this honor go to someone going into an occupation related to mental challenges. It started with Special Education and was later expanded to include physical therapy, medical and other related fields. The award will be a one-year scholarship of $1,000 for a graduating New Castle High School senior to attend a four-year accredited college or university.
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS IN THIS ORDER (no staples):
1. General Application (obtain from High School)
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendations (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not arranged in the above stated order
3. Application is stapled
4. Application is not received by Susan Delay by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need will be considered.
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.
Completed application and attachments must be submitted to:
801 Parkview Dr
New Castle, IN 47362