Who can Apply?
Organizations whose programs benefit the youth of Henry County, Indiana.
Organizations must be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt or be sponsored by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Grants will also be accepted from school and government entities.
When can an application be submitted?
Grant applications will be due the Friday before the each TASC meeting at noon.
What can an organization apply for?
The Henry County Community Foundation’s grant program will emphasize change-oriented and focused types of grants to achieve certain objectives such as becoming more efficient, increasing fund-raising capabilities, delivering better products, etc. Grant requests of up to $2,500 accepted.
Are there restrictions for use of grant money?
- Grant money will not be awarded to cover operating cost.
- No grants will be made solely to individuals.
- Generally, grants will not be made to enable individuals or groups of individuals to attend seminars or take trips except where there are special circumstances which will benefit the community.
- No grants will be made specifically for sectarian religious purposes but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs. No grants will be made exclusively for endowment purposes of recipient organizations.
- Generally, no grant proposals will be considered which have been proposed by individuals or organizations that are not charitable organizations.
- Generally, grants will not be made for programs and/or equipment which were committed to prior to the submission of grant application.
What happens if we do not use the grant money?
All unused grant monies must be returned to the Foundation unless permission is given to use the monies for another purpose.
Where does the money come from to give community grants?
A portion of the earnings from the Unrestricted Funds for Community Grants are used to award grants.
Will our grant complete cover our project cost?
Each grant application is carefully considered by the Henry County Community Foundation TASC Youth Grants Committee and a recommendation is made based on established need, potential outside funding and available resources from the Henry County Community Foundation.